Sorry for the lack of communication and information concerning this year’s event.
Long story short: Event organizer Andy had some health issues this Spring which set the organization schedule WAAAAAY behind… So, there will be a few changes for the 2015 race:
First and foremost, proceeds will still benefit the Hatteras Island Rescue Squad!
Second: Paddle Palooza is NOT a sanctioned WPA race this year. Our sincere apologies to anyone who was planning to attend to get their points. We’ll still race for fun with similar divisions and course layout to prior years. General organization will be a bit more relaxed… Prizes will be limited in scale compared to previous year’s bounty… Registration fees will be minimized as well.
Speaking of registration- this year, your registration fees will only cover the race and two raffle tickets. T-Shirts will be available for sale at just $12. Saturday’s dinner will be “Bring your own Grillable”- we’ll have a few BBQs set up, and some salads and sides, but the main course is up to you. Here is the fee schedule:
12’2″ and under Surf SUP 2 Mile Race: $10
12’6″ SUP 2 Mile JUNIOR’S Race: $10 (ages 13-16)
12’6″ SUP 4 Mile Race: $15
14′ SUP 6 Mile Race: $20
Unlimited and Prone 6 Mile Race: $20
- 9AM- On Site Registration Starts
- SUP Races- Skipper’s Meeting at 10 am, first possible start at 10:30 am!
- Ocean Expression Session- Catch some waves in the Atlantic Ocean! Location depends on the conditions of the day.
- Free Windsurf Lessons: 1-4 pm
- Bring your own Grillables BBQ Dinner- 7 pm
- Raffle after dinner
- SUP Yoga- 9 am- Stretch out those sore muscles from the previous day’s racing, with instructor Amy Klauser! Meet at the Pavilion, Free! ***Not Yet Confirmed for 2015***
- Ocean Expression Session- Catch some waves in the Atlantic Ocean! Location depends on the conditions of the day. Keep an eye on the Facebook page for updates.
That’s it! Thanks for your understanding. Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!