OBX Paddle Palooza is a Festival Weekend that celebrates the fun, healthy, family oriented activity that we all love so much: SUP. Mark your calendars for May 31 – June 2, 2013!
Whether it’s your first time paddling a standup board, or you’re a seasoned race pro, anyone can join the fun! We’ll have race divisions to keep the playing field even, and lots of fun events for those a bit less competitive.
Cape Hatteras is part of a pristine string of barrier islands which jut off the coast of North Carolina. It was the nation’s very first National Seashore. Hatteras Island is about 70 miles long, but you can hit a golf ball clear across the width of much of this skinny strip of sand. Miles and miles of wide open, raw, natural, exposed beaches have kept Cape Hatteras unique, and in 2010 Dr. Beach ranked it the 4th best beach in America!
OBX Paddle Palooza will be held at Frisco Woods Campground. This beautiful, wooded campground offers plenty of lodging choices, ranging from primitive tent sites and RV sites with AC and water hookup, to small cabins if you prefer a solid roof over your head. Frisco Woods boasts plenty of other amenities, including a general store and even a swimming pool for those less adventurous. The campground’s location, directly on the Pamlico Sound, offers unmatched access to almost 2000 square miles of warm, shallow, wide open water- perfect for racing and touring on a SUP!
Friday, May 31st, 2013:
- 2PM- Fitness and Paddle Stroke Clinic with Starboard SUP’s Mark Colino! (Advanced Registration Required, see registration page)
- 5PM- On-Site Registration Starts
- Meet and Greet
- Sunset Paddle
Saturday, June 1st, 2013:
- WPA Sanctioned SUP Races- 8:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Free Product Demos start at 2 pm- try out the latest boards and paddles from your favorite brands!
- Field Day Fun and Games 3 – 5 pm- including Team Relays, Tug of War, 3 Legged Races, and More!
- NC Pig Pickin’ Bar-B-Que Dinner- 7 pm
- Awards Banquet with lots of prizes- 7:30 pm
- After Party with Live Music by local Hatteras band “The Dune Billies” 8 pm
Sunday, June 2nd, 2013:
- SUP Yoga- 9 am- Stretch out those sore muscles from the previous day’s racing!
- Ocean Expression Session- Catch some waves in the Atlantic Ocean!